Thread: Exciting Hot Spot Near Naples

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Exciting Hot Spot Near Naples

Today, after visiting Corkscrew near Naples, we went to:
    Bird Rookery Swamp Trails

1295 Shady Hollow Blvd., Naples.

It was our best stop on the Florida trip so far. Wood Storks, Ibis, Red Shoulder Hawks, Buntings, Vultures, and Egrets in numbers and in beautiful settings. Gators, snakes and turtles for a bonus too. I captured more quality images there in two hours than at Ding Darling in two days. Fantastic.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Chuck,

Do you remember, we met at Ding Darling and you gave us the hint to enter this forum.

Many thank for the info - because Naples is not that far from Fort Myers we will be able to also go there as well. Have a few more nice days and also best wishes to your wife !

Yours Robert
    Last edited by Robert Westphal; 02-08-2012 at 03:41 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

That's great, Robert.
    Two more tips for you: Six Mile Cypress Slough (terrific) and go back to Ding Darling at 5:30 P.M. and see all the spoonbills come in to roost with beautiful light too.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Chuck,

many thanks for the two new tips. Six mile was on my list, but I was not so sure about it.

Today we were in Cape Coral and found a populated nest of bald eagle next to the BMX complex. There was one pup in the nest and a grown up serving the whole time,

At the library there was one place populated with burrowing owls ( one pair as far as we could see ). We could approach pretty close ( about a few feet ), but the light was too muted to photograph.

Best wishes

Robert