Thread: Tamron SP 24-70MM F/2.8 DI VC USD

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Tamron SP 24-70MM F/2.8 DI VC USD

Tamron develops world’s first[1] full-size, high-speed standard zoom with built-in image stabilization –
    SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007)

New Super Performance full-frame zoom lens features class-leading resolution and Tamron’s proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation)
    Name:  lens.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  17.1 KB
    February 6, 2012, Saitama, Japan Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono / Headquarters: Saitama City), a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, announced the development of the SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007), the world’s first1 full-size high-speed standard zoom lens equipped with VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive)[2], with resolution at the top of its class. The lens will be developed for Canon, Nikon and Sony mounts. A release date has not been announced.

Product Features
    1. World’s first full-size, high-speed standard zoom with built-in VC (Vibration Compensation)[3]. Even when shooting in low-light conditions with a slow shutter speed to render sharpness, Tamron’s acclaimed VC allows for stable handheld camera work, to more fully enjoy the benefits of this high-speed zoom lens.
    2. Uses specialized high-grade glass in the three LD elements, three Glass Molded Aspherical Lenses, one Hybrid Aspherical Lens and two XR (Extra Refractive Index) glasses, delivering top-of-the-class quality images suited to this high-grade lens. Using a rounded diaphragm[4], the lens achieves gorgeous blur effects.
    3. Features USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) to power a speedy AF drive together with a continuous manual mechanism.

[1] For high-speed standard zoom lens compatible with full frame size SLR cameras except with Sony full frame size SLR cameras. Current as of February 2012. (Source: Tamron).

[2] USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) is Tamron’s proprietary ultrasonic motor drive.

[3] The Sony mount does not include VC, because the body of Sony digital SLR cameras includes image stabilization functionality. The product name for Sony cameras is “SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di USD” without the VC designation.

[4] This rounded diaphragm retains a nearly circular shape even when taken two stops down from its fully open state.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'd pick this one

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/02...S_28mm_f2p8_IS

It's funny how they all claim "class leading"
    New! Sony Capture One Pro Guide 2022
    https://arihazeghiphotography.com/Gu.../Sony_C1P.html

------------------------------------------------
    Visit my blog
    http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/blog

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't know if I would jump to that conclusion sight unseen. It's amazing who makes what for who in Japan.

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Looking forward to some reviews of this lens. I've been wanting to replace my old 28-80L and I was waiting to see the new Caono 24-70 II. The price and lack of IS on the Canon make that less appealing to me so maybe this will be my answer.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Who makes what for who....nikON-canON-tamerON--their all the same company???