Hello folks,

This is something quite basic, I know, but I would love to know if anyone has some good resources for basic cloning work. I'm only interested in doing fairly easy cloning when I want to get rid of unwanted elements of a photograph - tree branches, bits of rock, etc. I'll include a sample image so that you can see what I'm talking about. In this particular photo, I would want to eliminate the bit of rock and metal in the bottom right, and as you can see, the piece of unwanted rock abuts against the piece of rock I want to keep. I get the gist of cloning, but would love to know more about how to set it up, whether I should use different layers, masks, and what levels of opacity and flow are best...I want the cloning to look seamless, obviously. Again, please forgive if this question is incredibly basic. I've been taking photographs for a long time, but am very new to the cloning business. Bear in mind that I use Photoshop CS (yes, the original...)
Basically I'm just looking for a good resource guide, if anyone can point me in the right direction.
I thank you so much in advance...

Name:  attempts.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  249.1 KB