Thread: Reddish Egret - Looking the other way!

Mohammed Ahmed

Default Reddish Egret - Looking the other way!

Attached Images Attached Images

Based on your suggestions I am posting the same bird on the same perch just a different frame with the bird looking in the frame and the perch is a bit higher in the RHS corner, compared to what it was in the last post.

I wasn't sure of the perch, so that is the reason I did not post this one yesterday. Nevertheless, another attempt to see what the likes and dislikes are.

As in the last post, this is again full frame, with a tad bit of sharpness, contrast & brightness adjustment and resized for posting. The technicals are given below:

December 2007 @ Ding Darling NWR
    Canon EOS 40D, EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM +2.0x
    ISO 200, 1/200Sec., F7.1, Evaluative metering, EC -1/3, RAW, Flash Off, Manual Focus

Thanks in advance for C&C

Cheers,

Mohammed

Alfred Forns

I like the framing much better The head position is fine Would just post to the max size to be able to appreciate the image !!! btw love the pose !!!

Axel Hildebrandt

This looks definitely better. I might crop a bit off the left, but not too much.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very nice bird, pose, and bg. I would prefer to see it larger. Perhaps tone down the bright part of the log some.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

Jody Melanson

This one is much better, but really hard to evaluate at this small size. When you have the image open in photoshop, resize it to 800 on the long side and then choose File, Save for Web. This will strip the EXIF data and greatly reduce your image size.

Edit: I downloaded your image and here it is saved for web. It is now 23k

Last edited by Jody Melanson; 01-05-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Mohammed Ahmed

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions...

Jody,
    Please pardon me for my ignorance, but how would I post this bigger without doing a crop or going over the posting guidelines?

I'd also like to thank you for the tip. I am new at these digital manipulation tools and PS has a steep learning curve too. I guess one of these days I need to take the plunge and start learning all these tricks and techniques.

Cheers,

Mohammed