Thread: Panama trip advice for bird, etc photography

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Panama trip advice for bird, etc photography

in the planning stages for a 10-11 day trip to Panama. We have been to Costa Rica 4X and are looking for new horizons. Any advice on must-seen locations, decent lodging and food, travel agents specializing in the area, rental car companies etc would be so much appreciated!!

Mike

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mike,
    I don't know if you have already planned your trip, but I just saw this thread and thought I could give some input. There are so many "must-see" locations that I couldn't possibly list them all. Check out birdingpanama.com for a pretty good outline of good spots. The three places I would recommend are Boquete - near the C.R. border, Pipeline road - canal zone, and Cana valley - Darien. Close behind those are the Azuero peninsula and Santa Fe.
    In terms of accommodation there are a great many places to choose from, and with a little careful research you can find gems (for example casa mariposa in Santa Fe, Ivans B&B near Pipeline road)

For car rental - there are lots of companies and they are of varying quality. I would stick with a large company (e.g. hert,nationa,budge) and avoid the others.

Hope this helps. If you want more info on any place in particular feel free to email me