Thread: Gatorland Update

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Gatorland Update

For Christmas my daughter gave us day passes to Gatorland. It's not far from where she lives and my three year old grandaughter loves places like this. I saw on their website that they have reinstituted the photographers pass for 2012. Think it was $99. Early entry and late departure is only good though for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Was surprised at the number of birds that were already there. But I wasn't there to photograph on this trip...just trying to keep up with a three year old all day.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe:

Thanks for posting this Gatorland update. I just learned the good news yesterday. Many of their Great Egrets should be in breeding plumage now and ready to nest. In the past, I have photographed there from late January through to May. A lot of bird photographers are going to be extremely happy about the new hours, myself included!
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I went to the gatorland over the weekend. I found the rookery full of nesting Great Egrets and woodstorks. The Zip line has no consequense wit the rookery. The birds dont seemed to be bothered with it. It is way in the back behind the rookery although it does cross the rookery at the end going to Pearls. Never the less the shooting was fantastic.
    Thanks for looking at my Photos
    Comments are welcome
    Robert Strickland