Thread: I'm Tom from the Gulf Coast of Alabama

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default I'm Tom from the Gulf Coast of Alabama

I'm Tom Patterson in Foley, Alabama, living just 7 miles of North of our sugar sand beaches of Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. A Georgia native but spent all my adult life (so far) in Alabama. I worked as a Registered Forester for the State of Alabama for 28 years and retired a few years ago. My lifelong passion for radio controlled airplanes and helicopters led me to creating a business of aerial photography using model aircraft to capture unique images of coastal real estate and construction. The business quickly escalated into the need to use full scale aircraft and now I enjoy renting a plane and pilot and hanging out the window with my camera as we fly along the beach! Not a lot of money to be made but it allows me to buy more camera gear. :)

I am fortunate to live on a bayou of Wolf Bay where wildlife still abounds. Birds are almost always visible from my office window and the seat of my canoe. I've only just begun my quest of being a bird photographer and find it quite an enjoyable challenge. I do have a website (being remodeled with smugmug) at www.gulfcoastaerials.com

Looking forward to learning lots from the BPN community.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Tom, welcome to BPN!! Looks like your aerial photography has produced some nice results. I especially like the aerial view of the pelicans flying along the beach. Looking forward to your participation, and in the meantime browse around and check out the Educatiuonal Resources tab abve for lots of great info!

3. Thanks Tom Patterson thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Tom, your aerial photography is awesome and I imagine very commercial. Can't believe how many boats are anchored in the water on one of your photos. It looks as congested as it does in Florida at times.

It's great to have you at BPN. You'll learn a lot here, and we'll look forward to seeing some of your photos. Maybe if you do any video, you could post a video of your area in the video forum.

Have a great 2012 full of new photo opps!
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

5. Thanks Tom Patterson thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN, Tom! This a great place to learn, and looking forward to your participation.
    God Bless
    Christopher, Old Photo Master and Master Texturizer

Old Memories Photography

7. Thanks Tom Patterson thanked for this post