Thread: Incoming Mallard

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Incoming Mallard

This image was created today, during a brief respit from our never ending storms out here in the PNW.
    I did clone out some distracting twigs, and this is a full frame image, so there is no more canvas to be had for the bottom. :(
    1D MKIII 300/2.8 IS + 1.4 TC
    1/1000s f/5.6 at 420.0mm iso800 Handheld

Alfred Forns

Bonnie no more canvas needed !!!! Love the crispness wing position and most of all the look !!!! Excellent light on that bird You did well on the stick removal Sure wish you would have had a cleaner bg but this bird looks so good it works very well for me !!!!

Mike Cameron

I love the colors in this image. Those of the mallard really pop, and the twigs fade to a lovely pinkish background. Great sharpness, too.

Judy Lynn Malloch

Wonderful action you captured in this image Bonnie and so clear and sharp. I really like this and as far as the BG it is so soft that it does not compete too much with your subject. Thanks for sharing.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

This is absolutely beautiful. Wish I had taken it. The cloudy weather made the colors pop.

David Hemmings

Default Sweet!

Hi Bonnie, this works fantasticly for me, I dont mind the twigs at all:cool:

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Bonnie,

This is a wonderful image. The close detailed look at this dramatic landing is awesome. Nice light and color too. The sticks aren't the ideal bg, but I don't find them too distracting. The cloning that you did isn't noticable.
    Jim Neiger - Kissimmee, Florida

Get the Book: Flight Plan - How to Photograph Birds in Flight
    Please visit my website: www.flightschoolphotography.com 3 spots remaining for Alaska bald eagles workshop.

Forum Participant
    Thank You Posts

Very nice image. The wing position, expression on the face and overall colors in the image work for me. I wish I had taken this image. This is one of the nicest duck images I have seen.