Thread: Current Hot Spots

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Current Hot Spots

Visiting family for the Holidays. Trying to get in some "play" time. Anything really happening. In the Palm Coast area but can easily work myself to Merritt Island, Central Florida and a short trip over to the west coast to Ding and Estero Lagoon. Have to head back to MD in about a week or so for a flight to New Orleans for our national photographic convention. Thanks...Joe

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Joe:

I can't help you much with what's going on on the West Coast, but you can always try Wako and Green Cay which are usually quite good this time of year. I have seen that Viera Wetlands and Merritt Island appear to be quite busy. Many people have been going there and then posting their images on FB. I spoke with someone in the Ft Myers area about 3 weeks ago and was told that Estero Lagoon was slow. Ding Darling was good for a time but not sure about now. I heard that red tide is just now hitting that area and heading north so not sure whether that is effecting the bird activity. If I were you, I would try to PM a few people directly on a couple of the bird forums who are in the area you wish to visit and see what you can learn. I wish I could be of more help.

Good luck & Happy New Year.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook