Thread: Planning Photo Trip to either Costa Rica or Panama

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Planning Photo Trip to either Costa Rica or Panama

In Jan or Feb 2012 my wife and I would like to go to one of the above countries for the purpose of bird photography. I would appreciate some one who has done this before advising us as to the best places to go and the most economical way of doing this. We don't need to stay in a four star hotel we just want to get the most for our dollar. As always thank you for taking the time to assist us. Jim

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Shameless plug http://www.jeffparkerimages.com/Honduras/ I still have a couple of spots left.

As for your question, what is your comfort level? Are you planning to rent a car? Do you speak Spanish?

For a do it yourself Costa Rica tour, Rancho Naturalista and Savegre Mountain Lodge are must do. Puerto Jimenez and the end of the road to Corcovado at Carate were very cool. The Osa was my favorite area that I visited in Costa Rica, but you will be way off the beaten track if you go here on your own.

Panama is on my to do list, so unfortunately I can't offer anything.

Forum Participant Richard Unsworth's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

see

www.yabbayabba.net

Weve done both, relatively easy, PM me if you need help

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Costa Rica "experienced"

Quote Originally Posted by James Parker View Post
    In Jan or Feb 2012 my wife and I would like to go to one of the above countries for the purpose of bird photography. I would appreciate some one who has done this before advising us as to the best places to go and the most economical way of doing this. We don't need to stay in a four star hotel we just want to get the most for our dollar. As always thank you for taking the time to assist us. Jim
    Hello James

We have been to Costa Rica 4 times and can offer some useful advice, I think. My wife, some and I have always traveled on our own with the help of a seasoned travel agent, renting vehicles and/or using intra-country flights. Have not been to Panama, yet!

Feel free to PM me

Mike