Thread: Macro and Flora Image of the Week Jonathan Ashton for week ending Sept. 30th, 2011 - Common Darter (female)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Macro and Flora Image of the Week Jonathan Ashton for week ending Sept. 30th, 2011 - Common Darter (female)

Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations Jonathan!!!

Canon 50D Canon 180mm tripod MLU, macro ISO 100 1/3 sec f11
    There is a story to this one. It had been a gorgeous sunny day and I was stuck inside painting my son's bedroom, I was really a bit cheesed off as we had recently had such poor weather and I had very little luck on the macro front.
    At about 4.00pm I had finished so I pored myself a glass of Speckled Hen (English bitter!) I wandered down to my pond and saw this female darter floundering in the pond. Without hesitation I bravely plunged in and rescued her,( well I dipped my finger in and she climbed aboard) I placed her on a sedge/reed plant as you can see.

Now folks I have this image like this and at differing apertures and I have a slightly different image with a plain background which I will post tomorrow. I personally like this background, I think it tells us a little about the wee beastie. Tell me what you think, I know you guys like smooth backgrounds but one day - one day I might just find a chink in your armour

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations Jonathan!!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Congratulations Jonathan! Well deserved!