Thread: Sandhills

dave v

Default Sandhills

I took this shot a while back. It's probably my best shot of sandhills.
    Taken with a Canon XT, with a Canon 400 f5.6 lens in the fall of 06.

Fabs Forns

Love scene, Dave, wish they were coming towards you instead of going away. Lovely light and very sharp.
    Too bad the last one is clipped.

Robert Amoruso

Dave,

I really like the feel of this image. The details in the cranes wings is so good and you have a majorityof them with a nice down-stroke or up-stroke. The BG is wonderful. I love the changing layers of the BG - Lighter grass, to darker grass, lighter again, dark, the tree line and then blue sky. Because the BG is so full of depth due to the layering I feel having the cranes flying into it works well here. If you are OK with extending canvas, you could add canvas in the back and front of the birds and using that clean BG in the front, clone it into those areas. This would give them more room and a less cramped feeling.

Thanks for posting the bird pano here - it presents a nice departure from landscape panos.

dave v

Fabs, Robert, thanks.

I may have to try the extended canvas, at least to the right, to see if I can give the last crane a little more room.

Gus Cobos

Love your pano shot Dave,
    Very sharp and nice pastel colors...:) You might want to clone out the last fellow that was clipped to the right of your frame...:eek: