Thread: Long-billed curlew

Seetharam

Default Long-billed curlew

San Joaquin Wildlife Sanctuary, Southern California

Canon EOS-1D Mark III, Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS USM, Canon Extender 1.4 II 1/1600s f/8.0 at 840.0mm iso800

One of my favorite image of this species taken in november 07. Hope you like it.

Axel Hildebrandt

Excellent in all respects, Seetharam. I think I remember this one. The blue around the bird's legs makes it look as if it needs some CCW rotation. I'm not sure if this is an optical illusion, though.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

hi Seeth, Another spectacular image but to my eye, it is considerably over-saturated (on my recently calibrated monitor).

later and love and keep 'em coming, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Maxis Gamez

Hi Seeth,

The details, composition and pose works very well. I think over saturaring the images makes it somewhat not "natural" but you captured at the right moment.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great pose. Sweet background.

Robert Amoruso

Seetharam,

Other then the nits mentioned on the rotation and saturation, this image is working extremely well. Nice job.

hugh robateau

Very nice pose and detail, Seetharam!

Fabs Forns

Lovely capture!!!! I do think it needs the bit of rotation and maybe a bit less sharpening.

Raw material is there, just adjust the workflow and you have a winner :)

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Seetharam. I am not sure of rotation but saturation is some thing I felt too. Excellent pose and perfect timing. Very good image.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wonderful pose captured Seetharam excellent shot...

Alfred Forns

One fine image !!!! Gorgeous pose Could be a tad over saturated but sure looks fine !!! Big Congrats !!!

Dobromir Dobrinov

Photograph with radiating. Little-more space in front of bird will enhance the composition possibly. Nice job.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes, I do love it. Not because I am shorebird lover but this is a very nice shot. Love the colors and settings.
    Any saturation used?
    Szimi

Larry Kaufman

Hi Seetharam.

Beautiful capture and composition in all regards. The birds at San Joaquin just seem to hit the perfect poses for you. I'm jealous! I have to agree the saturation is a bit pumped in the strong Rufus area of the wing. You could use the PS sponge tool to just desaturate that area as the rest looks great to me.

Take Care,
    Larry