Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon EOS-1D X Digital Camera Body Details

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I read on Canon Rumor :
    AF is unavailable on the EOS-1D X if the maximum aperture reported to the camera through the electronic lens mount is smaller than f/5.6. This is a lower specification than previous EOS-1 series DSLRs. On the plus side, consider the fact that with most f/4 lenses including the 400 DO, 500/4L IS and IS II, and 600/4L IS and IS II, you now have 41 cross-type AF points plus color and face detection, whereas you had no cross-type points and no color or face detection during AF with previous EOS-1 series DSLRs using the same lenses, not to mention a significantly wider AF coverage area from left to right.”
    Only a question ..off course I have a wrong idea ..but ok for 41 cross-tipe AF point ..but normally for wildlife is used only central point...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very good camera , we always the canon do i have seen some samble images at 12,000 iso and they was so clean no noise at all , but im intresting a lot for the new 5d mark III , from canon
    they said that will announce new models in 3 november does any one have news for the 5d mark III or other models ?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hello Arthur!

Thank you for youre informations. Now, some weeks later I have the same question as you, will it be possible to use a 2xTC on a f/4.0 lens like the 500/ 600? If canon not will "build in" this feature, I hope for a c.fn, so it will be the decision of the photagrapher, to use this.

Sorry for my english.

Greetings from germany

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Bleil View Post
    Hello Arthur!

Thank you for youre informations. Now, some weeks later I have the same question as you, will it be possible to use a 2xTC on a f/4.0 lens like the 500/ 600? If canon not will "build in" this feature, I hope for a c.fn, so it will be the decision of the photagrapher, to use this.

Sorry for my english.

Greetings from germany
    My understanding as of this moment is no. Might that change? Perhaps.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris

My understanding as of this moment is no. Might that change? Perhaps.
    Thank you

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Okay, I have a question for all of you. I have a Canon EOS 5D Mk III DSLR. I'm thinking about saving for another camera to use as my primary and keep my 5D mk II as a secondary. I'm considering the Canon EOS 1Dx or the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. I know, I know there is a considerable difference in price between the two. My major use of either one of these camera bodies would be landscape, wildlife/Nature, macro photography. As it is, I don't want to buy the wrong camera and find this out after I get it. No, I don't have a professional camera shop near me to see both of them so I've researched both. I've been buying the majority of my gear from B&H photo in New York. thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

John, Your question is a no-brainer. The 5D III slays the 1D X for scenics and macro, See my e-mail for complete details. See the blog posts here, here, and here for starters.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

8. Thanks John Lentz thanked for this post
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Bleil View Post
    Hello Arthur!

Sorry for my english.

Greetings from germany
    Hi Jan, Good news here: http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2013/...-update-1-2-1/

artie

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR

I really do appreciate your information. It really helped me on the decision. Course my wife said "it was a no brainer. Because there was no way that we could afford the 1Dx anyway unless we win the lottery." now I will start saving for my Mk III. appreciate all the info and I've signed up for your blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12