Second photograph from my trip to France. I was doing a few scary exposition experiments when this egret came flying toward me out of nowhere. I quickly aimed at it and just fired hoping that I would be lucky enough to get one nice shot.

And that is what I got: one nice shot. The other 21 pictures are a tribute to my clumsiness (is that even english?). I now truly master the art of wing clipping.

Even though randomness has all the credit, I actually like this composition. The problem is that the bird landed in the shadow of a large tree. Since I did not have time to adjust exposition settings, the original image is badly underexposed. I tried my best to recover it and here is the result. Since I am now trying to get beyond the "play around and hope something nice will appear" in terms of image processing, I will probably post the original to hear your input on what could be done on such an image (and how).

Canon 60D
100-400mm @ 400mm, f/5.6
ISO 640
1/8000 (!)
EV -2 1/3 (!!!)
Evaluative Metering
92% Crop

Significant exposition increase. Reduction of the blue saturation level. Bit of NR and Sharpening.

Name:  _MG_3845-1.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  161.5 KB