Thread: Good spots in Maine?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Good spots in Maine?

We're driving up from Boston next week and working our way up to Acadia. Can anyone recommend some interesting spots along the way or near Acadia?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Found some good references searching under 'acadia'. Firmed things up a bit. We're spending a couple of days near Portland ME so if anyone has recommendations for interesting photo ops near there please advise.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

We came through there last week, Jim. My boss is from the area, and we drove through a lot of neighborhoods, etc. on the coast near Acadia and just about every place with a view of the water begged to be photographed. Enjoy!!

Matt Boreau

I realize I am posting to this a bit late, but I just came across a live Osprey cam in Maine with some hatchlings. It is at http://explore.org/#!/live-cams/player/live-osprey-cam

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm obviously a year too late, but if anyone else has a similar question, I've found the guide to the Maine Birding Trail to be a useful resource of birding sites: http://www.mainebirdingtrail.com/

I usually try to stop at Scarborough Marsh and Pine Point on my way up to Acadia, and/or Plum Island in MA. In Acadia, make sure to take a walk on Ship Harbor Trail.