Thread: Goodbye

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Goodbye

Attached Images Attached Images

I would like to let the photographers who frequent this area know that as of today I'm resigning my position as moderator. I've been moderating on the website for over 2 years and it has been a pleasure to share my thoughts and view so many interesting and very often beautiful images. I hope I have been helpful to some with my only reward being witness to seeing people grow through time to become better at what they do.
    It's been a sincere pleasure working with Robert and Roman who are both easy to work with,knowledgeable and truly gifted photographers.They are both true professionals and I thank them both for allowing me to join with them in this area.
    I plan to stay on as a member and participate here and other areas from time to time.
    It's been wonderful interacting with all.

Dave Mills

The image was taken on 9/11/11

Threads
    Thank You Posts

A nice parting image. I did not think that I would like the twin beams in the center and I was right. I love them and the carefully designed image. And the blue cloud. Is that a boat lower left?

Best of luck.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave:

Best wishes to you. It has been a pleasure having you as a moderator on BPN. Lovely, touching photo.

Cheers

Randy
    MY BPN ALBUMS

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy" Sir Isaac Newton

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave, I have only posted in this forum a few times. However, every time, I have received great feedback from you. Both complimentary and critique, you always did it in a gentle and constructive way. You will be missed. I wish you the best of luck and do hope you check back in
    from time to time.

Your image absolutely Rocks! You captured the spirit and the reverence of the occasion. Thank you for sharing it with us. All the best to you, Jay

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave, beautiful image! All the best; enjoyed all your images and comments.

Lifetime Member Rachel Hollander's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave - beautifully captured. I didn't get to see the beams this year so thanks for posting. I have only been posting on this forum for a short time but your knowledgeable comments, suggestions and guidance has been much appreciated and helped me to become a better landscape photographer. Thank you and I do hope you will continue to check in and post more of your own wonderful images.

Thanks again,
    Rachel

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave, you have been way too kind to me!
    You are not really going away, right?
    I am actually looking forward to your posts, now that you can just post at your pleasure.
    So, now we get to critique you, looking forward to it.
    Dan Kearl

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dave, great image! Sorry to here you are departing as moderator, but glad you are going to hang around. Love seeing your images. All the best.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave, you have been over the top helpful to me through many many images. Thank you.

I am truly glad you are hanging around so that all of us will continue to enjoy your images and learn from you in many ways.

To the extent that taking off your Mod's hat brings you free time, may that time be enjoyed to the fullest extent possible.

BTW, I too love the parting image.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I am sorry to see you hang your mod hat Dave, as I too have benefited greatly from your expert guidance, advice and nudging .
    I do look forward to seeing some more images from your side since you will now have 'more time to travel' so to speak .

Lovely urban nightscape by the way...
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave,

Glad to hear you will still be around. You did a great job as moderator and 6500+ posts shows you put in a lot of time. Best of luck and take care and thanks.

Roger

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dave, I haven't been posting long, and never in Landscape, but I appreciate the time you took to critique some of my images in other forums; your suggestions were appreciated, and the time and thought you gave those suggestions even more so. Thank you on all counts!

Beautiful parting image; a somber and touching tribute to the Twin Towers. Thank you again for sharing your time and talent...take care!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I'm glad that you are sticking around but your "mod skills" will be missed Dave

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks folks, appreciate the nice words and good wishes...

Brendan Dozier

Though I have not posted much here, I have learned quite a bit from you and enjoyed your images very much. Glad you are staying on as a member, and look forward to seeing your work in the future.

Robert Amoruso

All the best Dave. Good luck in all your endeavors.

Roman Kurywczak

I'm bummed I missed this outing with you and Susan as I had to pack! Tough day for sure and a great image for the farrewell! Glad to see you are going to stick around a bit too!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

You will be missed Dave , excellent image
    TFS

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Dave for your comments during my time on BPN ! Awesome nightscape that carries huge impact