Thread: Rusty Lotus Leaf

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Rusty Lotus Leaf

Attached Images Attached Images

I really like the colors in this one. Topaz Adjust.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Judy...I like what Topaz did to the colors in your image and the reds against the greens are strong. It looks "otherwordly"....I like it!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Bob! I came up with a good preset and saved it and I used it on several photos from that shoot.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Judy, It does look like a rusty old leaf! Nice work with the processing. The leaf is kind of flowing to the right and if you have more on the right side w/ a little off the left that might be nice too.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Judy, I like the colors on this one also. I especially like the little triangle on the rusty leaf with the turquoise showing through
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Denise! I'll check the original later and see if altering the crop is advantageous. Sometimes I have to crop to eliminate other distracting pads.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Howle View Post
    Thanks Denise! I'll check the original later and see if altering the crop is advantageous. Sometimes I have to crop to eliminate other distracting pads.

Ya, that's what I thought but decided to mention it anyway.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Judy, I'm late to the party...but I'll echo what others have said! I like the shape, contour and curl of the primary pad...Denise makes a good suggestion about extending the canvas on the RHS. You did a nice job with the processing...I'd be tempted to tone down the bright circular center of the supporting pad, just beneath your rust colored bad, so my eye isn't constantly drawn there. Nice leading lines from the bottom of the image...well done!

Brendan Dozier

Good one, Judy! Like how you framed the compostion, very interesting and unique, love the contrasting colors, the leading lines in FG and 3D depth to leaf. Good suggestions.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Judy, Love the soft colors and the processing. I too would like a bit more room on the right (if you have it....) The only thing that bugs me is the dead leaf in the upper right. Why that one and not the one in the upper left? Because it merges with the subject.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Artie. I'll have another go at it and try to remove the part that merges by cloning or painting it out and check on the crop.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Super. I look forward to seeing the repost as that merge really bugs me but I love that big leaf.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Morris View Post
    Super. I look forward to seeing the repost as that merge really bugs me but I love that big leaf.
    Artie, I cloned out part of the leaf on the right but I had to leave the crop as is because of tall stems in the water that I cropped right up to and the fact that I had already spent time cloning and painting over several in the blue water area above the leaf that I don't have the energy to repeat with a fresh do over. I also darkened the yellow spot in the lower leaf a bit but it didn't look too bright to me so I didn't tone it down much.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

The repost is a huge improvement. Be right back.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Does this work for you?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Nice repost!

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Judy, love the colors and the repost. This one really signifies the changing of the seasons for me. Most of the water lilies and all pickerel weed has died off at Horseshoe Lake.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yes that looks better Artie! I tried that once but it didn't look as good as yours so I gave up.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Andrew!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Judy Howle View Post
    Yes that looks better Artie! I tried that once but it didn't look as good as yours so I gave up.
    That is good. Just some 50% Clone Stamp Tool work and a small Quick Mask.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the explanation, it looks very natural!