Thread: Hong Kong Skyline Time Lapse from the Sky View Terrace 428

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hong Kong Skyline Time Lapse from the Sky View Terrace 428

This is a time lapse that I made from "The Point" in Hong Kong on August 7,2011.

"The Sky View Terrace 428", stands at 428 meters above sea level, (Approximately 1400 ft) It is the highest viewing platform in Hong Kong offering a stunning 360-degree panoramic view across Hong Kong, Victoria Harbor and Kowloon.

I recorded 566 still images taken at 2 seconds apart with a Canon 5D MKII 28-135 lens mounted on a tripod with a Canon intervalometer.

I batch processed all of these images removing dust and adjusting white balance in Capture One 6 Pro and assembled them in QuickTime. I added some music and a slight fade at the beginning and at the end with Sony Vegas Movie Studio 10.

My only critique is it feels a little short, I wish that I had taken another few hundred images...

© Copyright Jerry Gilligan 2011 All Rights Reserved

http://
    Last edited by Gerald_Gilligan; 09-08-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I think your choice of music was perfect for the movie but I have to agree with you that it should have been a longer. I prefer that the music fades out as it ends and the video follows with it. That said I am fully aware of how much patience and work goes into creating a time lapse.

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Gerald,

I saw your post but have not had a fast enough internet connection for a week to view a video until now.

I agree the video is pretty short. I like how the clouds dance through the scene, which makes me want to see more. Nicely done. The other thing I would say is it would be nice to see more of the buildings at the bottom, as they are cut off. The horizon composition is down the middle, which can still work but I think would be better if more of the buildings could be seen. Perhaps a wider angle lens(?) as I do like the sky and would not want to see that reduced. Not sure how long you can stay in the spot, but carrying the video into sunset would be awesome. Very nice music too.

Roger