BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default waterfalls

Attached Images Attached Images

Iso 100. f 22 , 1\40, 24mm

Robert Amoruso

Hi Pat,

Whites look good and overall composition is well thought out. I like how you left the splash of blue sky on the top and you placed the falls off to the left as it flows right. I might have liked to see the edge of the snow more on the left - it looks like it necks down into a "V" but that's minor. I am wondering if you took any images at a slower shutter speed. I think that the soft.silky feel a slower shutter speed would have created here for the flowing water would have worked well.

I would work to open up the shadows some. Either using Shadow/Highlight adjustment or selecting the shadows and doing a curves adjustment.

Alfred Forns

Very well composed and pleasing I would play around with local contrast and make it pop more As presented seems overall dull?

The increase in contrast will also give it a sense of depth It a s lovely image !!!

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Pat,
    You were sure dealing with a tough exposure.........as tough as they get! I agree with Robert and Alfred as to corrections/possible improvements. As presented.........I think if you crop the picture from the bottom twig (left bottom corner) straight up.........and just tone down hotspots...........not bad for the lighting conditions,
    Roman

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys I am still going through the images from the weekend where I visited 3 waterfalls and did a lot of bird shots... while in a migrating area... I do have some without the v ... at the bottom.. am still checking shutter speeds.. some were longer but I didn't like them ... I will try to beef up contrast and look at other compositions.. thanks guys for your help