Thread: A tour of Big Bend

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default A tour of Big Bend

I put some images that I shot in Big Bend over the years into something akin to a video. It might be perceived as a slide show but I assembled it in Final Cut. I'm about to make the move to Adobe Premier so I'll probably redo this in the near future. I don't like what FC did to the images including the aspect ratio change (probably my fault though).

I had a good time making it and it highlights some good times that I've had exploring Big Bend. A lot of the images were shot during wetter years. It's been tough in Big Bend country this year. The bears and mountain lions have been active (so I'm told) but it's because of the lack of food and water. Thankfully they have received some rain lately and conditions are getting better.

If this doesn't qualify as DSLR video and the admins take it down I'll understand (and post another time lapse )

Banned
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Michael,

Overall nicely done, and while like a slide show, in my view it still qualifies as a video. Nice music too. Some images went by too fast and others are seen more than once. I suggest not doing any duplicates (or maybe not more than a couple) and lengthening the view time on some of the faster slides. On some distant landscape images I was wishing to see more in the foreground.

Roger

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Roger. On the topic of duplicates, some were intentional (intro and ending sequence images were the same only the series was reversed. The idea came from the music. Intro and ending are similar.). A couple of duplicates snuck in and I definitely need to edit those out. I plan to rework the entire thing when my new software comes in. The quick transitions were keyed to the music but admittedly I could have done that differently and had a more rounded video. To be honest I didn't like those either. My biggest peeve was that somehow the aspect ratio was changed during conversion. When that happened image quality dropped and I lost a lot of foreground and side from the images. The net result wasn't very good imho. The video was my first non-time lapse and I learned a lot from the process. The most interesting thing that I've noticed about my "viodeoeducation" is that it has changed the way that I see a scene. In fact it continues to change the way I see a scene. Onward through the fog.

BPN Member
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Thank you Michael, your work is a treasure, right on and give us more! Thanks