Thread: el Torcal de Antequera

Forum Participant Valerio Tarone's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default el Torcal de Antequera

Attached Images Attached Images

I'm always\ enticed by strange rocks, I have beeen planning to visit El Torcal in Andalusia. A kingdomof rocks. Problems: wind, rain, sunlight continous sudden changes, so it had been control the light.
    Nikon D300 on tripod. 17-35 at 35mm. f81/500 ISO250 Wb auto Ev.exposition manual focus
    In Nikon C. i made:s shape reverse trying blending modes(opacity) and color point on the sky(without too success)!

Fog:sometimes can have some fashion.. or not? Critics..

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Valerio, Nicely layered diagonal lines with the fog creating a sense of mystery. IMO I would crop out about a third of the sky. The mood is still retained in the overall image by doing so...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default El Torcal

Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Dave
    Indeed Itcwas what i've done ,only a bit ,excludind the pale ball of sun. I understand it' better, so I repost it,.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Valerio, I like the crop. What I didn't notice before was a magenta cast to the image. I don't know if you wanted that or not...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default El Torcal

Yesv Dave: the situation was foggy with a pale sun over, the sky grey. I tried to improve the sky in color with Color point,minimum >red-blue, minimum decrease in brihtness, contrast, of course sharpening as JP.Odell's instructions for landscapes:intensity 60% radius 4 thresold 3. A bit, of course also in levels LCE. The only, bit point disturbing, for me, is the bush in LR, too dark.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful mood and feel to this landscape. The strong diagonal lines moving through the image really strengthen the image. Very nice.

Robert Amoruso

Besides the suggested crop from top which has strengthened the image, including more of the rock base itself so the image did not terminate so abruptly at the lower left side would have been a better option.