Thread: Bumblebee says hello

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Bumblebee says hello

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Juan. Please remember to include your shooting specs with your posts. You have excellent sharpness on the head of your wasp and I like the natural light, the clean background, and the diagonals of both plant and wasp. You might try brightening up the side of the face that is in shadow. I would suggest cropping about 2/3 of the negative space on the left and a little more room at the top would also be nice, if you have it. This has the potential to be a strong image and I think a few tweaks will get you there. Keep them coming!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

An interesting pose giving a mountaineering look to the bee. Very sharp on the eye and side of face. I like Steve's idea of a bit more light on the side of face in shadow to show a bit more detail there.
    Very nicely done.

Dave

Julie Kenward

I also vote for more light but would also add that a bit more DOF would have been nice here as well. I find the front pieces of the plant so OOF that they border on being a distraction. Having the specs would help us to know how to advise you on this issue!

Love the angle of the face here - nice details and clarity - would be nice to see that same detail level in the back half of the insect as well.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thank you for your comments, but sometimes do these pictures outdoors is a bit complicated by the great movement of insects and not to have all the lighting conditions and shooting

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Juan, Steve makes some excellent suggestions..and I have to agree with him, this has the potential to be a strong image. You've got the essence of a strong composition...good color...as mentioned, a tweak here an a tweak there would take this a long way. I look forward to seeing more of your work!