Thank You Posts

Default Happy World Photography Day - Greetings from Ashy Prinia

Ashy Prinia is greeting all BPN members a "Happy Photography Day"
    Canon 500d|250mm|F8|ISO 400.
    C&C are MOST welcome.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful light on this beautiful bird with excellent singing pose, BG, and detail!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautiful bird, killer singing pose, amazing light; is the bird's breast actually yellow or is that the light? Bummer about the hedge clippers....
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Could not stand that butt-ugly hedge.... Clone Stamp Tool, Patch Tool, and Quick Masks as detailed in Digital Basics.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default thanks

thanks a lot mike and arthur.
    @Arthur: It was my dream to have your commen (+ve/-ve) on my photo as I am big fan of your photos and BPN. It is actually a yellow but it looks more bright due to sun. Thanks for the cloningm repost looks very good. I have done cloning before on some images but not fluently as you did..i need to buy digital basics now :)
    thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Yogesh, great singing pose, and you have captured some good feather detail. Lovely light and colours on this fellow, and I like what Artie did to the foliage.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yogesh_puranik View Post
    thanks a lot mike and arthur. Arthur: It was my dream to have your commen (+ve/-ve) on my photo as I am big fan of your photos and BPN. It is actually a yellow but it looks more bright due to sun. Thanks for the cloningm repost looks very good. I have done cloning before on some images but not fluently as you did..i need to buy digital basics now :) thanks
    YAW. It is my pleasure to work on such a fine image. I have been swamped with travel and Bulletins and blog posts and thus have not been able to spend as much time as I would like to on BPN but things are getting better :) When you get Digital Basics on Monday you will learn that the Clone Stamp Tool alone is not--as many folks think--the answer. Using just the CST will leave your BKGRs lumpy looking. The trick is to first use the CST and then use the Patch Tool to smooth things out. All that true for large areas of vegetation especially those along the edge. For some of the smaller stems sticking into the frame the PT works fine on its own. Lastly, if you are having a problem with a specific area using a Quick Mask or two almost never fails. We look forward to seeing lots more of your work and to your membership support.