Thread: Vancouver Island

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Vancouver Island

While not from the West Coast I'll put a good word in for Vancouver Island. I've spent some time on the east side from Victoria to Campbell River and there is certainly a lot to see and photograph.

Last April, in 48 hours in Nanaimo I saw several "life list" species including Harlequin Ducks, Brewer's Blackbird, Audobon's Warbler and a California Quail (shown here). I got photographs of these and several other species. Of course you've also got eagles, Black Oyster catchers and many many more species.

I'm sure the Glenn Bartley could provide much more information than I can.

Rbel XT, Sigma 50-500mm @ ISO 400 Handheld. The bird never left the thicket so this was the best image that I could manage.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Been there and I agree its a must for all photographers and birders alike, I got 13 lifer's on a 1 hour cruise in Tofino, on west side of island. I went out to photograph whales ..and the captain was nice enough to slow down once in a while to show me birds, thank god for VR Active...got some good shots of whales also. Will definately go back again this September to Victoria to see if I can photograph the Skylarks, then to Okanagan Valley....Paul Lagasi