Thread: Hello from NZ!

Christopher Moses

Default Hello from NZ!

Hey everyone, I'm 15 years old and have lived in Auckland, New Zealand for the last 3 years. I was born in Auckland but when I was 5, I moved to Tanzania for 7 years, where I had the most awesome time!! Growing up over there I couldn't help but learn to love animals, especially birds. It was however only in my last year there when I got into photography, and by the time I had saved up for my first camera (a digital compact olympus with 18x zoom) I had only a few months left to snap away. Since returning to NZ I have been back twice and got some ok photos, as well as taking heaps more in auckland. However I soon realised that to have any hope of taking some great photos I needed to get a dslr. After MUCH researching I finally purchased a relatively new canon 40D in october 2009. Paired with some pretty average ef lenses (28-80mm, 75-300mm) which belonged to my parents i have since enjoyed making the most of my gear. I am now saving up for either a 300mm f4 is, or more likely a 400 f5.6l for bird (and occasionally whatever else is thrown at me) photography.
    Cheers!
    Chris

Threads
    Thank You Posts

From one Christopher to another, Welcome to BPN! This is a great place to learn. I'm curious, what model was your first camera?
    God Bless
    Christopher, Old Photo Master and Master Texturizer

Old Memories Photography

Christopher Moses

Hi other Christopher it was an olympus SP550UZ, and my parents owned an eos 300 film camera, which is where the lenses came from...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cool! That's the same camera I use, the Olympus SP-550 UZ. I like it a lot, but, yeah, it's not really ideal for bird photography.
    God Bless
    Christopher, Old Photo Master and Master Texturizer

Old Memories Photography

Christopher Moses

I also loved it and took some good photos , but seeing as it was mostly used for bird photography i thought it was better to get an slr...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN Christopher! Hope you like it here. I wish I had that type of photography equipment when I was your age!!