Thread: Myakka River Moonlight

Judd Patterson

Default Myakka River Moonlight

Last Friday I took off after work and drove to Myakka River State Park to camp and prepare for photography in Tampa Bay the next morning. I took time for a few photographs in the park that night (under a full moon) before catching a couple hours of sleep. I wanted to come across a nice anchoring foreground object for the lower-left, but I struck out...

Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D
    Date/Time: 2008:03:21 21:032
    Exposure: 239 sec, f/6.3, ISO 200
    Lens: EF17-40mm f/4L USM @ 18mm
    AF mode: Manual Focus
    CFn 2: Long exposure noise reduction: On
    Last edited by Judd Patterson; 03-28-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Robert Amoruso

Nice flow to the clouds Judd. I think that the reflection helps to offset the lack of an anchor and I am OK with it as presented. You would not even know that it was a nighttime image. I like the angle the opposing shores make and how one is much longer then the other. It leads you through the image. Excellent execution.
    Last edited by Arthur Morris; 03-29-2008 at 06:29 PM.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

i agree with robert. well done!! and i would have never known it was at night!!

Alfred Forns

The only sign it was a night time are the clouds !!!! Excellent Judd !!!!! Good luck a the Bay !!!

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Judd,
    I agree with Robert and Harold that it's tough to tell that it was night. My 2 cents is to darken it overall but without sacrificing the beautiful clouds! Fine line there, but then your reflected clouds in the left corner will become part of the night composition. I think your sky cloud are a great compositional element,
    Roman

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Judd, This rocks. It is beautiful as is. Great meeting you the other day. later and love, artie
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Anita Rakestraw

This caught my eye from the thumbnail, Judd - the beautiful light + the cloud drama! Love it!