Thread: Hello from the UK

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hello from the UK

Hi all,

Just joined this forum. Been getting into bird photography over the past year and enjoying it very much. By no means an expert but certainly improved over the past year. I'm currently using a Canon 7D with a Canon 100-400mm lens. I invested in the 7D about 3 months ago as an upgrade from my 500D and what a great bit of kit.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to getting some tips and joining in where I can.

Thanks

Simon.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN Simon. I'm positive you will get a lot out of your stay, and may it be a long one!

Look forward to seeing some images- what are your favourite subjects. Where so you live. I was born in Canada but grew up in rural Somerset in the 50s and 60s. What a place for birds then and maybe now too! I still have cassette tape recordings of the dawn chorus from back then and it was almost deafening!

Roman Kurywczak

Welcome Simon! Fastest way to learn is to particpipate in the forums and comment. Looking forward to your work.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Simon and a warm welcome.

BTW Which part of the UK are you in?

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Steve. I'm from a small village in Northamptonshire. Only picked up a camera about 6 months ago to start taking bird photos and really enjoying, especially the post processing, so I'm hoping to get tips from you guys here.

Simon

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Cheers Simon, to the right of the M1 going North, or left Towcester/Daventry side. Just curious as I use the M1 a lot.

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN Simon! Great combo you have (same as mine). Make yourself at home, and lets see some photos!

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for the welcome. Great to hear someone has the same combo as me. Steve, if you're going north on the M1, then I'm on the right side going over towards wellingborough way.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ok Simon, will give you a way tomorrow about 11.30am as I hurtle past, providing there are no hold ups.

Look forward to seeing some images soon.

Enjoy.
    Steve