Thread: Greetings from 15 Year old Photographer Wynand van Wyk

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Greetings from 15 Year old Photographer Wynand van Wyk

Hi everyone

My name is 15 year old Avian and Wildlife Photographer Wynand van Wyk from South Africa. I have been capturing images from a very young age, but only started to really get into it about 3 years ago. I got my own Canon 40D and 100-400mm lens from a friend on another photography community at that time, which gave me the chance to pursue this amazing art.

Since then I have been published in numerous magazines, including BBC Wildlife, BBC Knowledge, Practical Photography, Natures Best Students and other South African travel magazines.

I am honored to be part of this community and very eager to learn more from the fantastic photographers here.

I will do my best to be part of the community and share comments and input on your photographs.

Thank you to Morkel Erasmus for helping me get registered and settled.

Thanks so much and greetings
    Wynand
    Last edited by Wynand van Wyk; 07-03-2011 at 08:47 AM.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome Wynand, I am glad you could get everything sorted.

I hope BPN is ready for your prodigious talent and passion for photography! I think you are going to be warmly welcomed here...

Start posting already!
    Morkel Erasmus

WEBSITE

Roman Kurywczak

Welcome Wynand!!! If the first post I saw is any indication......you are well on your way! Have fun and don't forget that participating in the critiques and reading them is a great way to speed up the learning process!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome to BPN Wynand!! From what I've seen you have a bright future of bird photography ahead of you. I'm glad you've started to participate actively...this can only help you (and us!). Keep it up, and especially...have fun!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks so everyone! Really excited.

Wildlife Moderator Steve Kaluski's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Apologies, a little late to this welcoming thread Wynand, but from your first posting, couple with your opening introduction, I am very impressed and based on your wishes, aspirations and joining here with Morkels help, you have a great platform to expand your photographic skills and hopefully become a well rounded photographer, in all senses of the word, as it not just being technical.

I can only echo Romans words, the more you participate, the more you will get out of the Forum and never be afraid to ask, as we are ALL, constantly learning.

I wish you well.

Steve
    Post Production: It’s ALL about what you do with the tools and not, which brand of tool you use.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wynand, your website rocks!! Welcome to the land of unrestrained photography education; thanks for participating as a member.
    Cheers, Jay

My Digital Art - "Nature Interpreted" - can now be view at http://www.luvntravlnphotography.com

"Nature Interpreted" - Photography begins with your mind and eyes, and ends with an image representing your vision and your reality of the captured scene; photography exceeds the camera sensor's limitations. Capturing and Processing landscapes and seascapes allows me to express my vision and reality of Nature.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wynand, Welcome! Just looked at the wildlife section of your website....what a young talent you are. Looking forward to getting to know you and your work better.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very big welcome! It is great to see young people getting involved in this fantastic pastime and every one of you balances an old fogy like me!!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Great to see you here. I had not heard from you in a while. Thanks a stack for your membership support. May we call you Wyn?
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.