Thread: Hi from Sackville

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Hi from Sackville

Hi fellow Canadians- I look forward to seeing the progress of spring in Canada as reflected in our images. It's pretty slow in New Brunswick although things are slowly changing.

On the subject of hardware, I moved back to Canon just before Christmas, after a hiatus of several years with Nikon. I cut my digital teeth on the D70 but am very pleased with the 40D. However, I have a very daunting purchase looming. For many years I have wanted a really long lens and I've decided that the 500F4 will be the one. The results from this lens as posted on BPN are generally superb. Trouble is, parting with enough money to buy a decent car is not easy. Anyway, I'm pretty well resigned to do it and I think I have my wife more or less convinced. Tell me I should just do it!!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

John, it sounds as if you want us to "aid and abet". ;)

Just go ahead and treat yourself. My lovely wife says that "there are no pockets in the shroud!" :D

Just let us know when you get your lens.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I guess on the coast there you are often shooting from a distance and need that fixed 500mm f4 L lens. Me I have to back off on the 400mm quite often and am happy with the 100 to 400 ,,, for backyard, rivers and lakes.. but sometimes when I get to one of the great lakes for those high flying... I say I need 500mm

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Don't have the lens yet but will let you know and post an example when I get it. I have the 100-400 and am generally pleased with it now I have more or less learned to use it and what its limitations are. I visit Antarctica every year and the 100-400 will be perfect there because distance from subject is really not an issue (limit is 5 metres to most wildlife).