Thread: Blue-winged teal

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Blue-winged teal

[IMG]
    IMG_2954 - 2011-03-26 at 12-08-48 by dick pics, on Flickr[/IMG][img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5304/5746847129_8879842f51.jpg[/img Canon 7D EF 100-400mm at 275mm, f/6.7, ISO640.
    A little sharpening and curves in Aperture. I know my angle was not good on this shoot, but what else can you see which would improve it. Thanks for viewing and your suggestions,

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice capture Dick. I like the reflection of the head in the water. The only problems I have with it is for me the exposure could be bumped it just a little and the the branch at the top left should be cropped out or cloned out.

Dave

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

You already mentioned the angle and I'd like to see it swimming a little more toward you and not as fast so you can see more of the breast. Do you have a larger version available?
    Chris

0 .· ` ' / ·. 100
    I have a high sarcasm rate. Deal with it.
    include('sarcasm.php')

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Dick, as you mentioned the shooting angle is not optimal - this makes the water compete for your eye quite a bit. Also would be much nicer to see the front of the duck than the backside swimming away. Your image is displayed very small, would be nice to see it larger! The white patch near the tail is clipped in all three channels, which means blown out. Difficult to get these birds right with the exposure - you could have gone a little lower with it.
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Kerry, Chris and Dave. I am learning a lot here and will know what to look for in future shots.

Dick