I just returned from Florida City, after photographing at Anhinga Trail on the afternoon of the 3rd and morning of the 4th. I don't think I've ever seen such a variety of birds at Anhinga Trail. There were hundreds of Anhingas, with young ranging all the way from eggs in the next to juveniles close to fledging. As usual, there were lots of double-crested cormorants, black vultures, grackles and red-winged blackbirds. Also, plenty of white ibis, great egrets, tricolored herons, green herons, and great blue herons. There were quite a few little blue herons, snowy egrets, grebes, and common moorhens (both juvenile and adult). Ospreys were fishing in the pond near the Visitor Center, as well as in the canal. I saw at least one Purple Gallaneau, one juvenile black-crowned night heron, and two American Bittern. There were also a few wood storks and a glossy ibis. And, the alligators were everywhere. If you are planning to visit the area, and are limited to a medium telephoto, many of the birds at Anhinga Trail are very approachable. Both late afternoon and early morning are good, but I prefer early morning for the abundance of birds perched on or near the railings, and to avoid the crowds of visitors at this time of year. I didn't drive down to Flamingo this year, but heard reports that conditions down there are very good right now.