Thread: Damselfly staredown

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Damselfly staredown

Had a nice opportunity last summer with this damselfly as it was sunning on the railing of a deck. I switched to a 50mm lens plus stacked 20 and 36mm extention tubes. Slid the camera ever so slowly along the railing towards the subject until the eyes came into focus.

Canon Rebel XT + 50mm f1.8 + 20mm & 36mm ext tubes, 1/60s., f/13, ISO400, +0.3EC.

Robert O'Toole

Very cool, the colors and the sharpness are really superb and the diagional lines dont look bad, I actually like them. Great results with a standard lens, this is a another great example that you dont need a high $ lens to make quality images.

No faults, maybe the only personal change would be a couple millimeters more space along the bottom edge.

Robert

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I like it a lot Daniel. The eyes and face really pop. I have yet to see a damselfly of this particular color.

Alfred Forns

This works so well !!! Love the bold colors and bg diagonals Got to love those eyes !!!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

You did well with your manoeuvre here Daniel - he must have been very co-operative!! A very attractive damsel - I haven't seen one this tone. The limited DOF certainly has emphasized the head and eyes - well done!!

Mike Moats

Hey Daniel, great shot, nice detals on the head. Color works great, and contrast nicely with the BG. Well done.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dan I really like this one. I've never seen a damselsfly with this colour before.