Thread: Lily Pads

Mike Moats

Default Lily Pads

Attached Images Attached Images

Shot this at my good friend, and photographrer Jack Graham's house in his backyard pond. Had some great clearing evening light after some rain. Fuji S5 Pro, Sigma 180, Tripod, F/32

Robert O'Toole

Super image, I really like the blue spaces between the lillies and the surface details on the pad is really great.

Is this image similar to another you have posted in the past? It seems like its from a series?

Robert

Jared Gricoskie

Mike, your images have great lighting, this one is no different and with those great colors stands above some of you other shots.

Mike Moats

Hey Robert, I have a few shots from this day, Not sure which one I posted earlier.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Outstanding detail on the pads combined with a very interesting softness in the water. Color and composition also excellent.

Alfred Forns

Love this images Love the composition and careful spacing between the leaves !!!! Super Max Mood !!! Big Congrats !!!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Mike - this one really grabbed my attention!!
    Love you thoughtful composition here (as usual). Is there some water movement around the pads - has an ethereal effect!!
    Must go out and check my fish-pond with similar lily pads ;)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Nice Mike. Just abstract enough that if you didn't tell me what it was, I wouldn't have been quite sure. I like that. The light and colors work perfectly to create those great lines.

Mike Moats

Hey John, no water movement, but there was some film on the water that created those faint lines. As usual the best images always have great lighting and it was just luck on the timing to get this look.

Roman Kurywczak

Hey Mike,
    didn't get a chance to comment on this one yesterday...........Just WOW!.......originally I was going to ask how you got such clean lillypads.......but then I re-read about the rainstorm. For me it's all ablout the water here as it makes such an incredible form.
    One of my favorites from you (and I have a lot of them),
    Roman

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

beautifully composed. liked the fact that there's enough DOF to keep all the pads in focus.