Thread: La Jolla Abstract

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default La Jolla Abstract

Attached Images Attached Images

Sometimes it pays to push the shutter button when nobody else would :) (From the San Diego IPT.)

Canon 800mm f/5.6L IS lens with the 1.4X II TC and the EOS-1D Mark IV. ISO 400. Evaluative metering -1/3 stop to save the whites" 1/500 sec. at f/11.

Don't be shy; all comments welcome.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Terry Olmsted

Oh Wow, Arthur. I love this one. Beautiful design! Sure glad you pushed the shutter button!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Certainly has a nice feel to it. Makes me think of warm summer, tropical, surf boards leaning up against a cabana at the beach. California that's for sure!

thanks
    Charles

DanWalters

Interesting lines and I really like the color. Very abstract!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Very cool, very abstract.
    The different colours and textures are are really something.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

I have found this photo taking up quite a lot of viewing time.

My mind is saying "Am I looking at one bird or more than one bird" and " Just what parts of the bird am I looking at?". I'm assuming that this is a Pelican of sorts. Also " What angle am I viewing this bird or birds?'

I like this sort of thing. Thanks

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks all. Tom, it is a pelican from behind. The bird is preening it's left underwing.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Ah, thanks for the explanation Arthur, I was also trying to figure out the shooting angle. I love these abstracts and the colours and textures in this one make it particularly appealing.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Pieter, YAW. I was about on the same level as the bird, perhaps a bit above it.

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Artie:

I really like the fact that you were thinking out of the box here. It's not always easy to do. (at least not for me.) The colors really pop here and I like the design. I feel however that there is a bit too much going on to digest it all. I have taken the liberty of altering it just a tad.
    Marina Scarr
    Florida Master Naturalist
    Website, Facebook

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Marina. I thought of a very similar crop that eliminated the blue on the right...