Thread: Sandhill Pair Portrait

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Sandhill Pair Portrait

Captured these two digging through the flooded corn field. Liked the alignment. cropped to 3rds rule. I dont feel the mud on the bill ruins it considering it as an environmental shot.
    1/2000 @ f4 ISO 400. Would like to know what other might do with them.

Julie Kenward

Chris, what camera and lens did you use? What was your white balance and exposure set at? How big of a crop is this?

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Chris, cool behavior shot! I like the mud. The whites look a bit blown out. If you can soften them, I think that might help. However, I think my monitor is extra bright.
    Nancy

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Kenward View Post
    Chris, what camera and lens did you use? What was your white balance and exposure set at? How big of a crop is this?
    See this is why you should not post things when you are tired. I was looking at the composition of the shot and was not looking at the other technical aspects. Which is my only New Years resolution this year is to take more time with my subjects and post. You see I am still struggling with it.
    Any way details Nikon D7000 200mm f2 with TC-20eIII ending up 400mm f4 Matrix metering with -03 EV WB was on Auto, Crop was about 30%
    Normally I have to go -07EV when sunny but here the sun was going in and out behind the clouds mostly behind.
    I reworked the exposure and WB