Thread: Acadia National Park, Maine

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Acadia National Park, Maine

I reworked this a bit and welcome any comments.

No cropping has been done here.

f/16
    1/40
    ISO 200

I tried out Robert Amoruso's post processing tip: http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...Robert-Amoruso

Name:  _DSC8600.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  175.6 KB

Robert Amoruso

Late afternoon light looked like it really intensified the colors. I would suggest cropping down on the top to just above the large wispy cloud on the left.

FG rock's lines lead/point right into the image - good composition making that happen AJ.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi AJ,as Robert stated... beautiful light with the foreground rock plateau acting as a leading line. I also agree on the crop suggestion.
    Nice view which looks like it was taken from Cadillac(sp?)Mountain. In the fall those wild blueberry bushes get very red...

Roman Kurywczak

Hey AJ,
    Light looks grreat and the sky does look better. Here's a few things you may want to try out. In selective color on the trees and MG......go to the yellow channel and take some black out......it pops those trees a bit more. You can do the same to the sky in the blues.......but as I happen to like blues......yhe color there works for me. Just some thoughts but this was very nicely done!

Landscapes Moderator Andrew McLachlan's Avatar
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi AJ, agree with the above comments. This is a very nice comp. If it were mine I would clone out the branch from pine tree on the left side of the comp that is poking in by the horizon.