Thread: Wise old friend

Brendan Dozier

Default Wise old friend

Attached Images Attached Images

When I looked at this image, it reminded me so much of a person with something special to teach and share about life. We all share life's joys and struggles together, that's one of the connections we have with other creatures.

We're all in this together.

- Brendan

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Brendan, Beautiful sharp image and nice head angle. I would just bring the text down a bit in the frame. Interesting group of words. Something different! I like it.:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Beautifully done and said, Brendan. I love the soft colors and the kind words.:)
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Brendan Dozier

Thanks Denise and Cheryl, I agree about the type placement - I think it needs to be developed a little more, kind of just threw it together.

Julie Kenward

Please don't take this wrong but this totally reminded me of "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy"...from Saturday Night Live years ago.

I love the words with the image and the fact that you personalized him with human aspects was very nice. I have often stood staring at individual birds (mostly ducks and geese) and wondering what their lives are like so I can totally relate to this.

I agree with Denise that the words moved a bit lower in the frame would be nice - connecting the reader to the words even more.

Brendan Dozier

Thanks Jules, yes I loved the Jack Handy stuff and have watched SNL for years. It must have just rubbed off on me! It's ok to kid around with me, no prob.

I was trying to communicate something that I thought was profound and wanted to share, and at the same time realized that I was getting a bit too deep, mushy, and putting people to sleep, so I kind of lightened it up at the end. You should have seen the first draft!! it went on and on. It probably made some people nauseous, and for others, they probably said: "Oh my god, this guy is talking to ducks!"

I am the first to make fun of myself, and try not to take things too seriously, but sometimes do get a bit philosophical.

Isn't it funny how careful we have to be sometimes with online communcation. Because your missing the subtle intonations and facial expressions, sometimes things can be misunderstood. I find myself doing re-writes of my posts to make sure I don't offend or am misunderstood.