Thread: Nature Photographer "groups" in Seattle area?

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Nature Photographer "groups" in Seattle area?

I thought I would query the PNW folks in the Seattle area to see what (if any) Nature Photography groups/clubs/etc there might be around here. I have been out with the East Lake Washington Audubon Society folks and found that to be a pretty good way to meet fellow photographers as well as a way to discover and explore new areas. I guess the mountaineers also do trips but haven't gone on any of those.

I am interested in checking out any groups that might provide connections for smaller less scheduled outings in the area. I am thinking more of a two or three person ad hoc "let's head out to blank this weekend" kind of thing. Any suggestions?

Happy image collecting!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Erik,

The only one that comes to mine is the Mountaineers. From what I have read their groups are pretty small 10-15 or so on outings. You can try a couple of outings with them with out being a member.

It would be nice if there were a few more groups in the area.

One thing people can do here is use this forum to set up small get togethers for photo excursions. This is a wonderful way to make that happen.

-Susan

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hi Susan,

I may just consider doing that some weekend in the future (posting a "I am going to go here, anyone want to come along") and see what happens.

Erik

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Nature Photographers of the Pacific northwest is having their spring meeting at South Puget Sound Community College Olympia on April 5th
    www.NPPNW.org
    Gary Braach is the speaker;
    slide show, contest, photos etc usually goes all day

Jay Taylor

Erik,
    You might check this group out:
    http://pacificnw.naturephotographers.net/index.htm
    They seem like a talented nice bunch of folks.

Jay

Voyla Steves

They usually meet on Saturdays. April 5th is a Sunday, Thus, I ask, is that correct?
    Voyla Steves

Voyla Steves

My question about the meeting date of April 5th was a quick reply regarding the Nature Photographers of the Pacific Northwest meeting.
    Just a personal note about that group: I have enjoyed their meetings very much. They are friendly, informal and yet well organized. Their meetings are one day only and packed with learning opportunities.
    The afternoon sessions in which submitted photos are judged and critiqued are a great help for learning how to judge your own photos. Their guest speakers have been top notch.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Eric

I am local in the Everett area and would love t to network & shoot with other Photographers.

TX

Phil

George Scott

Hi Erik, I live in the Seattle area and would be up for some adhoc get togethers. If you could only guarantee some nice weather, and good light....

Best Regards
    George