Thread: Upper Antelope

Michael Pancier

Default Upper Antelope

Attached Images Attached Images

Went through my upper antelope pics. I really liked how the light worked on the left to give this a flame like quality.

Now this was shot strait up into the top of the canyon so there was no way to avoid the blown highlights. I've tried flipping this image to landscape but not sure.

I'm open to suggestions on working with this one. tighter cop perhaps?

5f + 17-40L @ 17mm f/8; ISO 200; 8 Sec. exp.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Flame like is right. Gorgeous glow and I love that texture. Maybe a slight crop off of the right? The blown sky doesn't bother me. I wonder how this would look as an HDR.

Vincent Grafhorst

Flame like indeed. Actually a bit too red in the BG rocks IMO. Love the comp.

Gary "Jake" Jacobson

I agree that the colors are a bit over saturated. The blown sky doesn't bother me at all. Here is a link to the image I captured during my visit to Antelope. This is the same portion of the canyon in your image, just a different point of view. http://frozenshutter.smugmug.com/gal...JJwY#146918953

Michael Pancier

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gary "Jake" Jacobson View Post
    I agree that the colors are a bit over saturated. The blown sky doesn't bother me at all. Here is a link to the image I captured during my visit to Antelope. This is the same portion of the canyon in your image, just a different point of view. http://frozenshutter.smugmug.com/gal...JJwY#146918953
    you could probably shoot this spot all day. I shot it from different angles too though it was a tough angle. I had to crouch on the ground to compose.:eek:

here it is with less saturation.
    Last edited by Michael Pancier; 03-18-2008 at 08:12 AM.

Robert Amoruso

Michael,

Actually, I like the wilder looking reds myself... creative interpretation on your part.

The blown area is distracting IMO.