Thread: Green Heron

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Green Heron

This photo was taken from a kayak in the Tarpon Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. My family and I rented a kayak to course the marsh looking for birds. I spotted two Green Herons, one of which I was able to photograph. The second one was secluded deep in the brush along the water. I was able to get within 5 feet of the bird! This bird was a life bird for me and it was very cool to see it up close for my first time!

Taken with a Nikon D40 and Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR lens @ 220mm.
    (1/200, f/5.6, ISO 200, Handheld.)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Hey Joey, welcome to BPN!!

Strong image overall. Lots of details, and well exposed. I love the perch covered with barnacles, very cool. Colours look muted as posted, but I notice you didn't post this in sRGB - most people won't see the colours as you intended them to be.

Comp-wise, I'd prefer a true vertical with some off at left, or otherwise with more room around. Good stuff, looking forward to more from you!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Daniel!

Next time I will post inn sRGB. Sorry about that.

I do agree with you about more room around the bird. This image was not cropped, so I couldn't really do anything about it. I wish I had included more of the perch in the image as well.

I look forward to posting more images. This looks like a really good place to learn!

Joey