Thread: Viera Wetlands Update from Sunday Nov 28

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Viera Wetlands Update from Sunday Nov 28

Went to Viera on Saturday and Sunday this past weekend. Unfortunately, due to the weather I was only there for about an hour and that was spent socializing.

I did see bald eagles (3), osprey (2), cara cara (2), white egrets (30 or so), snowies, white ibis, glossy ibis, limpkin, sandhill cranes (2), among the normal fair ie coots, moorhens, etc.

Saw a great fight between a bald eagle and osprey yesterday...too far away to photograph, but was cool to watch!

AJ

Roman Kurywczak

Thanks for the update AJ! Headed down in late Dec......will drop you and Don a line to go out and post update here!

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Went this past Sunday (11-28). The water level in the respective cells is the lowest I have ever seen it. Consequently it was also the fewest amount of birds and species I have observed there this time of year. Due to the lower levels the gators were more concentrated if you are looking to photograph them. The click ponds located on the adjacent Duda property had probably 50 approachable cormorants, some yellow crowned herons, several ospreys and a few different terns diving for fish. Located a couple of unbanded Caracaras in the sod farms along the road leading out to I-95 that were cooperative.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Viera Update

I was at Viera this past weekend, Sat and Sun. Check my blog www.naturesportal.blogspot.com.