Thread: Really Good Action at Dinner Island Ranch WMA - Hendry County

Michael Pancier

Default Really Good Action at Dinner Island Ranch WMA - Hendry County

I finally got the chance to do some bird photography after several months. Circle B is happening right now with at least 2-3 pairs of Barred Owls; lots of hawks; plenty of songbirds; various warblers and a lot of eastern phoebe; plus your host of kingfishers; egrets; wood storks; cara cara, sandhill crane; and eastern meadowlarks. Even saw some whooping cranes nearby.

Note that it is hunting season, but if you go on the off days, you'll be fine.

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the report!!

Michael Pancier

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pancier View Post
    I finally got the chance to do some bird photography after several months. Circle B is happening right now with at least 2-3 pairs of Barred Owls; lots of hawks; plenty of songbirds; various warblers and a lot of eastern phoebe; plus your host of kingfishers; egrets; wood storks; cara cara, sandhill crane; and eastern meadowlarks. Even saw some whooping cranes nearby.

Note that it is hunting season, but if you go on the off days, you'll be fine.
    Woops, not Circle B (that's in Lakeland) .. mean Dinner Island which is near Clewiston...

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Dinner Island is picking up with deer out and about, I've been seeing more hogs, etc. Right now it's small game season. Small game ends on Feb. 28th (with *I think* another couple days, March 5 and 12), turkey is on March 6,7,13 and 14...also on April 2,3, and 4 then hunting is over.

It's still ok to go during hunting season, but that place comes alive mid April. End of June/beginning of July is awesome for the 'rut' with all the bucks out with their antlers. Then it gets pretty quiet for the summer out there.

I'm going out there tomorrow morning if anyone wants a 'report' of what I see :)