Thread: "Anothe"r Tern

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Default "Anothe"r Tern

Attached Images Attached Images

Still trying to heed Artie's advice about getting shots on the same level as the subject "I FAILED AGAIN"

Whenever I did that the BG was unacceptable and cluttered either by the water, rocks or other birds so I tried to concentrate on the background.

Captured Canon 30D with 300mm F4L IS, at 1/8000 sec., at F/4, ISO-400.

http://birdphotographers.net/forums/...1&d=1205472787

Glenn Ehmke

Quite nice Chris, I've been noticing these guys around the Port Phillip Bay beaches quite a lot too - this seasons young have left home so everybody's gone their own way.

These Crested Terns often roost on piers on the Mornington Peninsula where you can get nice and close to them (I've bumped into Chris before so I know he's local). I'll post an image from a couple of weeks ago.

You need to beat the crowds of fishermen though, so weekday morning/evenings are best
    Cheers,
    Glenn

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Well done Chris. Nice pose, great exposure and detail.

Alfred Forns

Hi Christopher Sure wish that bird had his other wing straight and up some Makes for a more attractive pose but like it as presented Would suggest stopping down a couple of stops With the pretty bg you don't need to worry about detail cluttering the image !!!!

If you get a chance and go after them again try setting up for a full frame vertical Can be spectacular !!!!

Christopher C.M. Cooke

Thanks folks,

I will give it a go Alfred.