Thread: Fast DelMarVa HELP!! needed

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Fast DelMarVa HELP!! needed

Due to a couple of illnesses (prevents spending time with relatives) I find myself with a couple of days to "kill" in the DelMarVa area.
    * I am currently in Franklin, VA (about 40 mi ESE of Norfolk, just west of the Great Dismal Swamp).
    * Sunday evening I will be in Lewes, DE
    * Monday I take the ferry across to Cape May, where I am scheduled to stay until Thursday.

I have Sat & Sun to get from the Great Dismal Swamp up to Lewes, DE. Where should I spend my time? Chincoteague, Blackwater, Outer Banks?

I have photo equipment with me (up to 600mm f5.6), but some of the equipment is still new to me, so some patient subjects would be nice.

Also open to good bird-watching opportunities, even if not good photographic opportunities.
    Last edited by Ted Miller; 10-29-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Reggie White

A few days ago there was a report of a rare white-cheeked pintail duck that was using the ponds at Pea Island NWR on the Outer Banks. You could check e-bird or call the number at the refuge to see if it is still around. If not, there are always plenty of other birds there.

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default LATE

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Miller View Post
    Due to a couple of illnesses (prevents spending time with relatives) I find myself with a couple of days to "kill" in the DelMarVa area.
    * I am currently in Franklin, VA (about 40 mi ESE of Norfolk, just west of the Great Dismal Swamp).
    * Sunday evening I will be in Lewes, DE
    * Monday I take the ferry across to Cape May, where I am scheduled to stay until Thursday.

I have Sat & Sun to get from the Great Dismal Swamp up to Lewes, DE. Where should I spend my time? Chincoteague, Blackwater, Outer Banks?

I have photo equipment with me (up to 600mm f5.6), but some of the equipment is still new to me, so some patient subjects would be nice.

Also open to good bird-watching opportunities, even if not good photographic opportunities.
    I late with this, as I just joined, but next time your up that way, try the PRIME HOOK WLR-- LUCK! :) I would skip Blackwater- been twice, everything is closed off, except the loop. Not much good if you cannot view it.
    Last edited by J. R. Weems; 06-21-2011 at 08:46 PM.