Thread: Jay (Eurasian)

BPN Viewer
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Jay (Eurasian)

Hello everyone and heres my first ...

Taken at my feeding area using a portable background placed 5m behind the perch ..

Canon 50D ~ Canon 400L ~ Man ex ~ 1/200 ~ 5.6 ~ iso 800

Mick ...

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Wow..what a first image, welcome. Many trips to Europe, never seen one of these, lovely bird, sharp background, and perch..very well done....
    If it were mine I'd remove the 3 little branches near the bottom of the perch, intersecting with the bottom of frame, and slightly move the bird off center...but thats just my preference.
    Thanks for posting

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Welcome and cheers. The bird is perfect. Sharp, beautiful, perfect position on the perch, perfect head angle. I love the BKGR, the BKGR color, and the soft light. I love the lichens. I would however, be out looking for a perch with fewer little branches all around. Image design superb. And I love how the color of the bird's back matches the BKGR.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Ákos Lumnitzer

Welcome and a fabulous first post indeed. The first thing that grabbed me was the uniformity of the BG color with the overall plumage of the Jay. What a magnificent set-up. Artie makes a good point about the perch, but it is still bl00dy nice mate! Cheerio.....

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Fantastic image. Great job with complementing background.