Thread: Storm at Great Fountain Geyser

Roman Kurywczak

Default Storm at Great Fountain Geyser

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken in Yellowstone NP using the digital Rebel and the 17-40mm lens at 21mm for 1/250 of a sec. at f16 and ISO 100. A lee soft stop grad ND (3stops) was used to knock down /increase drama in clouds.
    As always, comments welcomed and appreciated,
    Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
    www.roaminwithroman.com

Robert Amoruso

Roman,

I I like the FG color and the geyser and its relationship to each other. The left half of the image feels very "lite" as compared to the right half. I think I would have preferred to see the geyser in the left side and the plumb of steam drifting right.

Roman Kurywczak

Default Another View

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Amoruso View Post
    Roman,

I I like the FG color and the geyser and its relationship to each other. The left half of the image feels very "lite" as compared to the right half. I think I would have preferred to see the geyser in the left side and the plumb of steam drifting right.
    Hey Robert,
    I have one that the plume goes left....but the eruption isn't as clear...............was torn between the two. Will wait for a few more inputs and will try to post other versio tomorrow.

Alfred Forns

Hi Roman On the surface I have to agree with Robert on having the geyser to the left and seeing the steam going right

Also I was thinking on the foreground Don't know if you are able to move left and right but having the reddish color more on the left would have worked even better Would try having the reddish foreground on the opposite side as the geyser All of this is from the comfort of my home after the fact

I do like the image very much as presented The cropping is exact, very well exposed and excellent dof Big Congrats

Robert Amoruso

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred Forns View Post
    Hi Roman On the surface I have to agree with Robert on having the geyser to the left and seeing the steam going right

Also I was thinking on the foreground Don't know if you are able to move left and right but having the reddish color more on the left would have worked even better Would try having the reddish foreground on the opposite side as the geyser All of this is from the comfort of my home after the fact

I do like the image very much as presented The cropping is exact, very well exposed and excellent dof Big Congrats
    I thought about commenting on moving left to get the red color on the lower right but not sure of the ability to do that at this scene having never been there but that is a good point Alfred.

Roman, looking forward to the other version you mention.