Thread: Norris Basin

Roman Kurywczak

Default Norris Basin

Attached Images Attached Images

Taken in the Norris Geyser Basin in Yellowstone NP using the digital Rebel and the 28-135mm lens at 33mm and 1/15 sec. at f22 and ISO 200. 3 stop Lee grad ND filter, soft stop. Not sure if the foreground is strong enough overall in this image although I really like the storm clouds.
    Comments welcomed and appreciated,
    Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
    www.roaminwithroman.com

Alfred Forns

I think it is Roman !!!! I like the contrast between top and bottom If anything would like to see a little more of the green at the bottom

Excellent use of the grad filters !!! There are many you can use in PS Have you tried them !!! I like this image a lot particularly the strong feel !!!

Robert Amoruso

This image was a lot going for it. The colors, the s-curve leading you into the image, the ominous sky. A real winner. i agree with Alfred on the FG green. A bit more would be great.

Roman Kurywczak

Hi Alfred and Robert,
    Ufortunately........this is full frame as the colors went off to the right. I'm getting better at PS......but I'm still a little behind the curve as I only made the switch to 100% digital in December. Us film guys die hard!
    Roman

Judd Patterson

I like this scene Roman. ;) Very moody with the steaming thermal features and the dark clouds. I wonder if you might have been happy using a polarizer here to cut the glare/strengthen the color? Regardless, nice work on this one!