Thread: Almost Finished....

Hybrid View

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Almost Finished....

Attached Images Attached Images

This is the tentative cover for "The Guide to Pleasing Blurs" PDF.

All comments and suggestions are welcome.
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

E-mail me at samandmayasgrandpa@att.net.

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

I will let others chime in as I have already given my opinion.:)

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Seems a little blurry... :D But seriously, I think it looks great. I would probably separate the two birdscapes in the LRC but otherwise I love the placement and variety of the blur techniques shown. Nice work guys. I will be having one!
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry Perkins View Post
    Seems a little blurry... :D But seriously, I think it looks great. I would probably separate the two birdscapes in the LRC but otherwise I love the placement and variety of the blur techniques shown. Nice work guys. I will be having one!
    Hey Kerry, You got both Denise and me with your "seems a little blurry" comment! Your idea has merit and we considered separating the two snow goose blurs very carefully (as seen below) but after much discussion decided to stay with the version in Pane #1 (as per my comments to Cheryl).
    BIRDS AS ART Blog: great info and lessons, lots of images with our legendary BAA educational Captions; we will not sell you junk. 30+ years of long lens experience/e-mail with gear questions.

BIRDS AS ART Online Store: we will not sell you junk. 35 years of long lens experience. Please e-mail with gear questions.

Check out the new SONY e-Guide and videos that I did with Patrick Sparkman here. Ten percent discount for BPN members,

Threads
    Thank You Posts

I can hardly wait! Looks great to me. I see Kerry's point but there is also a continuity in the 2 bird blurs so I like it:)
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly" - The Little Prince

http://tuscawillaphotographycherylslechta.zenfolio.com/

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Slechta View Post
    I can hardly wait! Looks great to me. I see Kerry's point but there is also a continuity in the 2 bird blurs so I like it:)
    Thanks Cheryl. We actually have both versions of the cover and decided to go with the one in Pane #1 because the REDs flow better with Denise's fall color blur above Blizzard in Blue :)

Designing the cover was a big adventure for me. I came up with the basic placements of the images until I realized that the BKGR image for the text, which had been a Snow Goose bllur, was not really a good choice and that the image with the text needed to be larger. So I made the two images about the text photo smaller and chose Denise's lilac blur as BKGR for the text, and voila!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Looks great, Artie! :) I like the first version better too.
    God Bless
    Christopher, Old Photo Master and Master Texturizer

Old Memories Photography

Connie Mier

Looks very pleasing to me!

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Artie, I see your point and think you guys came up with a very nice cover. :cool: Glad I could give you a chuckle...
    "It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera... they are made with the eye, heart, and head." - Henri Cartier Bresson

Please visit me on the web at http://kerryperkinsphotography.com

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks Kerry. Both Denise and I said "What is he talking about?" when we first read your note (but only for about 1 second)!

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Not too keen on the font, looks a bit like a children's book font.

BPN Viewer
    Thank You Posts

Also I'd keep it simple and have just one image, the wildebeest is great with more space in the top right for the title

Threads
    Thank You Posts

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jim. As for the children's book, making blurs is a lot like playing so maybe it fits :) We decided to go with multiple images as the subject matter is so diverse.