Thread: Placement of image vs. text

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

Default Placement of image vs. text

If I am not mistaken, images used to appear first in critique forum posts followed by text but this seems to now be reversed. Any way to get it back to the way it was?

Threads
    Thank You Posts
    Blog Entries

And they still can if the poster is using external hosting and formats the text that way. http://www.birdphotographers.net/for...other-Red-deer for an example where it's in between text. If they are members and upload to the BPN server as an attachment, the will appear after the text by default if they just uplaod it as is. This was even the case with the old version (I looked at a backup copy of the older one I have)

Edit: Using the attachment, the poster can enter the attachment first and then the text if they click the Paper clip and then the filename listed. This places the code
    Code:
     [attach] number [/attach]
    where they want the image to appear.
    Last edited by Chris Ober; 08-31-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    Chris

0 .· ` ' / ·. 100
    I have a high sarcasm rate. Deal with it.
    include('sarcasm.php')

Forum Participant
    Threads
    Thank You Posts

FWIW, the more I think about this, the more I am certain that the default (even when BPN was hosting the image) used to be that the image came first in a post. I distinctly remember when BPN first went online that the text came first as it does now, but in the first month or so of operation, someone requested that this be changed (I even remember who that was) and it was changed and remained that way until the last upgrade.

Of course, I may be delusional about this ... anyone else remember it that way?